Workshops & Talks 🎤
Michi gave a few talks this month!
- A workshop for the ChainLink spring hackathon
- An introduction to ink! for Supercolony's Wasm Conference
- We'll update this with a link to the recording once it's uploaded!
awesome-ink Repository 🤩
Following popular demand we've created https://github.com/paritytech/awesome-ink ‒ a curated list of awesome projects related to ink!.
The ink! playground has been published at https://ink-playground.substrate.io!
It's handy for a couple of things. For example:
- You want to experiment with developing a contract without having to set up Rust locally.
- You run into an error and want to share a permalink to a code example, so that somebody can help you find the issue. This can be very helpful in case you post a question e.g. on our StackExchange site.
The release notes contain more details.
The tl;dr here is that
pallet-contracts can be safely added to your production runtimes
(although it would probably have been fine before too, on Kusama anyways 😉).
The URL to this portal changed
It's now available at https://ink.substrate.io.
Canvas Testnet ➜ Contracts Testnet
We've renamed our "Canvas" testnet to "Contracts" testnet. More information about the background for this can be found in last months digest.
Berlin Work Session 🇩🇪
Part of the team met up with our valued contributor @xgreenx in Berlin to talk about ink!.
In particular, the session focused on an upcoming refactoring of the ink! storage system (PR #1217) which Green is actively working on.